Monday, October 13, 2014

BH Cosmetics Forever Nude Palette (and a few reviews) ft. FOTD

Hello Everyone!



Disclaimer:
 My apologies for the missing pictures. My pictures were accidentally deleted off my blog. Please Refer to my Instagram account miss_pilar to view the pictures (or some of the pictures) that were deleted.  
 
 

 

I finally got around to using my Forever Nude Palette and I love it! This palette has quickly become one of my favorites. The colors are so pigmented and easy to use. Honestly the pics I can't hold a candle to how well the colors look in person. *Side note: I still have my braids lol, I wrote this post a while ago.

The eyeshadows are easy to use and I didn't experience any creasing or fading. I didn't use the lip gloss or the blush in this tutorial, but they are pigmented as well when I swatched them. I really like how the lip glosses are shimmery.

 Another plus with this palette is that it's great for travel. The only con I have is the highlighter, I see what other people meant when I read the about it. It's not the worst, but it's not the best. I really had to work with the highlighter


 


 

Is it me or does could this be an alternative for the UD Naked 3 palette?

 

I figured I would write a review about the items I purchased from MAC too.

MAC Creme Cup (Creamsheen)


 

This is such a pretty nude pink and this lipstick is such a wearable shade. Lately I've been into trying out more nude color lipsticks and I found a winner with Creme Cup. 

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly


 

 

One word AMAZING!! I see what all the hype over this is for lol. It comes in a glass jar with a black screw on top. I really like that it only takes a little bit of the product to apply on my eyelids. This base also applies smoothly on my eyelids and makes putting on eyeshadow smoothly as well. I have to admit this is the best eyeshadow base I've ever owned. You can also use MAC's Paint Pot as a cream eyeshadow. I know some people may think $20.00 is a bit pricey for this product, but it's worth the money.

Now on to the FOTD


 

 

Products Used

Eyes

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

BH Cosmetics Forever Nude Palette

 

 -  Pink on lid
 -  Bronze/Brownish color on crease
 - Dark Purple on outer V.

Clinque High Impact Waterproof Mascara

Face

Fashion Fair Concealer Stick

Fashion Fair Loose Powder (Amber)


Lips

MAC Creme Cup (Creamsheen)

I will post the Forever Glam Palette FOTD in the next post, so stay tuned!


Announcement: All throughout October, I will include the links for two issues that are very important that I blogged about last year..Domestic Violence and Breast Cancer. Check those out as well!
Domestic Violence Awareness
Breast Cancer Awareness

Thanks for stopping by my blog!



18 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how that palette had cheek products in it too!! Lovely makeup look you did!! I'm glad you love painterly paint pot, I use it everyday!

Hillary said...

I love this look so pretty Pilar! And I really love that Mac Creme Cup Lipstick, it looks like such a beautiful color on you!

Pilar said...

Thank you! This is a really great palette, I love how it has lip, face, and eye products all in one place! Painterly is my favorite eyeshadow base I use mine a lot as well!

Pilar said...

Thank you! I just started wearing more nude lipsticks! Creme Cup is a beautiful color!

Jackie Harrison said...

Great BH palette.

Pilar said...

Thanks

Shireen L. Platt said...

MAC Creme Cup looks amazing on you, I tried it but it washed me out. :-(

Reflection of Sanity

Marie said...

Great reviews! Your FOTD look is gorgeous and creme cup looks amazing on you! I agree this palette could be a dupe for the Naked 3 palette!

Pilar said...

Thanks! Creme Cup and Blankety are two of my favorite nude lipsticks from MAC. Sometimes a lip liner can help if you think a lipstick washes you out. I noticed a lip liner can go a long way when trying to work with some lipsticks!

Pilar said...

Thank you! I really love using this palette and lipstick! I know there aren't 12 eyeshadows in this palette like the Naked 3 palette, but some of the colors look similar

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Pilar, your makeup looks so pretty. I love your eye makeup and lippy. Nudes are always the perfect compliment for anyone. You can't go wrong. I just purchased that Naked 3 palette and can't wait to use it. I love color, but my hear is with nude and natural makeup. Looks great doll.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Anonymous said...

Great review on all the products! You create beautiful fotd makeup looks! Your eye makeup is flawless!

Kristen Alpert said...

Love how it has lips, eyes and have all in one. Live your look. Personally I like color on your lips, but natural looks good too.

Beth said...

Nice review on all the products! You did a great job on the makeup! Your FOTD is so pretty!

Pilar said...

Thank you! This is definitely a good palette to use for nude color makeup! I remember you mentioned about having the Naked 3 palette! I think you're going to like it! All those pretty rose gold colors!

Pilar said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Pilar said...

Thank you! I actually like both now! I just started wearing nude lipsticks a few months ago! I never put in effort to looking for nudes colors I liked until recently lol. I like them, but I still love colors especially pink!

Pilar said...

Thank you!

How to Survive a 12.5 Hour Shift

 Hello Everyone! I'm no stranger to working long hours, but when it comes to working a 12.5 hour shift. I must admit I'm a newbie lo...